Victims of Criminal Offenses
- Polish Red Cross, Crisis Intervention Centre; Gdansk, Poland
- Branch of the Crisis Intervention Centre (PRS); Starogard Gdanski, Poland
- Polish Red Cross, Family Consulting Centre, Gdansk, Poland
- Formal agreements established with the Regional Chamber of Legal Counselors in Gdansk and the National Board of Lawyers
- Cooperation with units of the Police and separate municipal police forces, Centre Of Social Care, various charity organisations, local government units and other institutions responsible for providing essential help
Project venues: Pomeranian district, Poland
Project time frame: January 2009 - July 2010
Project type: Local partnership
EU policy area: Home affairs, Fight against crime
EU programme: Prevention of and Fight against Crime
- Organising psychologists, pedagogies and lawyers duties,
- Organising an exhibition that presented how to help people who became victims of violence,
- Training course and conference connected with violence and assistance,
Now the project is going to be continued and the new units and branches have been set up. They will be responsible for providing assistance to victims of crime and violence. According to information received the project will be continued next year as well.
- Free legal consulting for victims of crime and violence as well as their families
- Free psychology consulting together with psychological aid for victims of crimes as well as their family members,
- Free social support for offence victims and their families
- Support of voluntary work in relation to "minder of victim"
- Carry on the database of institutions where the victims of violence can find relevant information about specialist assistance,
- Creating the net of assistance - for victims of violence and crime in the area of voivodeship (regional and local net), where the center works
- Cooperation with other non- governmental organisations in other voivodship in order to create Polish Network of help for victims of crime and violence,
- Cooperation with units and branches of local government such as the Police, Justice Department, schools, non- governmental organizations, hospitals, Church organizations, social - security organizations and others.