Rights of Migrants in Action
2) To enhance access to social services for migrants in host countries through small scale civil society organisation projects.
The main target groups are civil society organisations and actors dealing with the promotion and protection of the fundamental rights of migrants in targeted countries, but also migrants associations and workers’ associations. Employers’ associations and the private sector in general will be relevant target groups of the awareness raising activities. The central and local government authorities of the selected countries will be the main target groups of the advocacy activities.
The final beneficiaries are the migrant population, in particular the most vulnerable groups (women, children, migrant domestic workers, victims of human trafficking), their families, and potential migrants from targeted countries concerned by migration and mobility.
The global launch of the Rights of Migrants in Action project took place on 2 October 2014 in Brussels during the Policy Forum on Development. This event was organized by the RCEU Office in cooperation with DG DEVCO and the Policy Forum on Development.
How can my National Society support?
non-discrimination, social inclusion,
racism and xenophobia; integration of migrants;
- labour migration and related employment issues;
- trafficking in human beings; asylum, international protection and internal displacement;
- impact of climate change and environmental degradation on migration
- project development,monitoring and evaluation;
- research techniques;
- administrative and financial management (organisation methods, workflow procedures);
- communication and advocacy techniques;
engaging with EU Delegations